Why should I use a Personal Trainer?
Every year millions make the commitment to get in shape and lose weight. Some have the motivation to begin on their own while others lack the knowledge or the motivation. Perhaps, like many, it is your New Year's resolution to lose weight or you have an important event coming up like your prom, high school reunion, wedding, or vacation. You made a promise to yourself that you will lose 10, 20, or 30 pounds before the event. But instead of using the event as your goal to get in better shape, perhaps you should try to change your thought process and get in shape for a long-term event - the event of life itself.
Whether you want to lose weight, gain muscle mass, be more flexible, or train for a specific sport, a Personal Trainer can help. Armed with the latest information on fitness, Personal Trainers provide more than just assistance with unfamiliar gym equipment. It is now almost commonplace for Personal Trainers to also offer nutrition counseling, sport-specific coaching and agility training as part of their repertoire.
Gone are the days when Personal Trainers were only for athletes, celebrities and the very wealthy. Now, almost everyone can afford to hire a Personal Trainer, and there are many reasons why you should consider hiring one:
- Knowledge: You made the decision to get healthy but you feel overwhelmed when you enter the gym. There are too many cardio machines and apparatuses that you have never seen before and have no idea how to use. Should you start with cardio or weights? Should you try the treadmill or the stationary bike? A Personal Trainer can guide you through this process and introduce you to the equipment. He or she will take into account your fitness level and your goals, then design a program to help.
- Safety: Many people inadvertently injure themselves at the gym because they are unfamiliar with how their body will respond to lifting weights or starting a cardio program. A Personal Trainer can assist by showing you the proper form for your age and ability, while providing constructive feedback on your strengths and weaknesses. Once you know how to use the equipment properly and safely, your workouts will be more productive.
- Weight Loss: When diet alone is no longer working for you, exercise can help put your metabolism into high gear. Whether your diet needs a complete overhaul or you just need a few minor tweaks to streamline your middle, a Personal Trainer can design a custom program that consists of cardio, strength training, flexibility and nutrition. A Personal Trainer can also help you break through diet.
- Motivation: For many, the most important reason for hiring a Personal Trainer is the motivation factor. Personal Trainers can motivate you like no one else can. For one, a Personal Trainer can encourage you and provide positive feedback. Even on those bad days when you would rather be somewhere else, a Personal Trainer will provide the push you need to keep going. Two, the sheer act of paying someone for a service will probably be all the motivation you need to consistently show up. People are more apt to keep their appointments when they have paid for them in advance.
Hiring a certified Personal Trainer may be the best investment you make to achieve a fit, healthy, new you.
Effective February 1, 2013
|Membership Rates*||Non-Member Rates|
Buddy Traing Rates*
(Train with a partner!)
* Must be a Member of Midwest Physical Therapy & Fitness Center to receive "member" discounts.